Silver Clay (Jewelry Making Class)
Are you interested in making your own jewelry collection? Do you find it difficult and don’t know where to start? If your answer is yes, then we have just a great solution for you: Silver Clay.
Silver Clay is a technique that has been originally invented in Japan, in the 90s by a metallurgist named Masaki Morikawa. For many people, it has been a huge revolution that has allowed fine jewelry to be made simply.
Silver clay is a material used for making not only jewelry but also decorative objects. It is made from silver that is recycled from a range of sources, including waste from x-rays and the photographic industry. The silver particles are mixed with an organic binder and a bit of water and the clay comes pre-packaged ready to use. Jewelry made from the clay is still real silver, of hallmark quality, but it is just in a different form to the traditional sheet silver.
The great news is that the clay is non-toxic and you don’t need to wear gloves while working with it. The process is very simple, it can be molded like water-based clay. After drying, the clay is then fried using either a kiln or a torch for 10 minutes. After that, the clay becomes hardened and contains 99.9% of silver.
Luna will be guiding you from choosing the materials, where to purchase them, to choosing your designs, and how to create your own unique and wearable handmade jewelry.
After completing these 3 classes, you’ll be able to make 1 pendant, and 1 ring using this beautiful jewelry-making technique.
What else are you going to take away from this class?
- You learn to make something special that is not mass production.
- You can create a super fun project to do with a group of friends.
- The technique is easy so you can teach anyone from children to elderly people to make.
- You can use this technique to create many more different designs that you like.
Who this course is for:
- Jewelry lovers who want to learn a new way of creating Silver Clay art.
- Students who want to create their own Jewellery Collection no longer have to buy from the shops.
Do you want to follow this lesson in a larger group or online? Send a message for the possibilities!